Monday, February 11, 2008

Just another day!

Yesterday at church was a great day! We had a great crowd - new visitors and an opportunity to preach the Word of God. During our service Bettina, Brenna and I sang a song. It was great to see Brenna up there excited and willing to sing. Thank the Lord she was seizure free for most of the day. However, evening came and she had three before the day was over! She is so exhausted from these pains. She just wants freedom - and I believe that's not asking a lot. She wants to be able to be "normal". She desires to go to school for a whole day and not have any seizures. It's a different life for her. She still skips to most places she goes, but her spirit is crushed within. It is easy to see. She's not the same ole Brenna. The meds we were hoping to get off of is the exact one that the doctors have seen the greatest progress. This is disheartening because it changes her behavior. She struggles with school work - simple concepts - and this just causes frustration! This obviously weighs on mom and dad and the whole family.

We have determined to do whatever is necessary - afterall, what should a parent do other than that?

Bettina is now walking!!! The doctor told her (by phone) that she can start walking without crutches - she's excited just a little :) We go back to Memphis the week of March 9th -14th. They will test her as they normally would, but she has just as many tests added to her due to the seizures. So this stay will be a full week, not just a few days. Again - whatever it takes. God has carried us this far - HE's not one to abandon HIS own. We will trust in HIM and find contentment with HIM and HIM alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these things! Glad you guys have one, now I can really keep up. Hope they figure something out with Brenna, but so glad she is still her happy self (as much as she can be!) Tell everyone hi for me!

Patricks said...

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I live in California and was connected to your family through email by friends and family who were praying for my brother, Andrew, when he was deathly ill in the ICU for weeks. My brother survived only by Gods will, he is called a miracle.
I pray for your family daily and expect nothing less from God than a miracle for your family, no matter in what form it comes.
Your family is a great inspiration for so many and my friends and family continue to also pray for your strength and joy in Him.
I believe God allows trials for reasons, so in the end we can glorify him. My life has been changed through my experience with my brother and I continue to grow spiritually. I also beleive God is calling me into internet mission work and I can not say that would have been evident if I did not meet the many people who prayed for my family through email, which connected me to you. Your friends and family have been part of Gods tool to inspire me even more to do what I beleive is the Lords will.
Thank you so much for sharing your trials and triumphs, so that we can all grow in the Lord our God.
God Bless!
Steph