Monday, July 28, 2008

Colorado Here We Come!!

We are headed to Colorado!! We've been looking forward to this vacation now for over two years! It may not seem like an exciting trip to some, but I can't think of anything better than breathing the crisp cool air, camping on top of a mountain. We are on the road and the kids are already sleeping I think. I think I will be too before long. It will be a long drive, but well worth the trip. We are going with my parents, my sister's family and my younger brother's family. We are going to have a blast!

Brenna has been doing so great! We actually made a super quick trip to memphis a week and a half ago for a check up. Dr. Clarke and Dr. Boop both wanted to see her and check her out to see how she was doing. Of course, she's doing very well and they were both pleased. She is completely off of one of her seizure meds and they are slowly weining her off of another. So she's just on two now. Hurray!! You can really tell the difference too! She's much more alert and bright eyed.

This past week we've been just enjoying life. We went swimming several times and we went to see the movie Wall-e. It's been over a year that she was having seizures so it's like we're learning what normal life is again. Although, I'm not sure we'll ever be normal. Who is??

We are just loving life right now and making the most of every opportunity. Well, we've been on the road for two hours and Bella needs to stop already so I'll close for now.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Man, I love to hear about how things are! You guys are the sunrise of hope to many. Please keep our niece Caty in your prayers, who is battling Ewings Cancer in her tailbone. She's on a chemo cocktail of 5 drugs at once and it ain't making her body happy. She's admitted again cause her counts are low.
We are encouraged by Brenna's story. Caty is also a believer and has her armor of God on and shiny!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is going alright for you guys! Brenna looks awesome! I miss you guys sooo much. Shoot me an email sometime.
mb2tl@yahoo.com

Love,
Erin Haskins

Paul Swanson said...

Glad to see you were able to go on a trip as a family and not have to head East. Praise God. We're still praying for your family.

Paul Swanson