Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sick of Sick

The kids and I stayed home from church today. I hate missing the fellowship and worshiping together with my brothers and sisters, but sometimes it can't be helped. Jalen is still running fever off and on and Brenna is having terrible headaches. Her neck and spine are hurting as well. She can't look down very far without her neck hurting and so far, the ibuprofen and tylenol aren't doing much to help. I massaged her forehead this morning with vicks and that relaxed her enough to go to sleep for a while. She's had countless lumbar punctures and never has she had these problems afterwards. I'm calling St. Jude tomorrow to see if I should be concerned at all.

A friend of ours, whose son also has cancer, brought us dinner tonight when she heard I was home with sick kids. What a blessing!! The last thing I really want to do tonight is cook! I'm sure she can relate!

Please say a special prayer for Brenna. She is in a lot of pain. Hopefully, when I call the doc tomorrow, they will know what we should do and also have some plan of attack for the seizures as well. Dare I hope?

1 comment:

kim stratton said...

We are praying for your precious family and especially little Brenna. We went to school with David's brother Rusty, and Greg was the youth minister at Cleveland when we first graduated from Ozark...so we feel a connection to your family. I read your blog often and wonder how things are going. I know you both must be so tired from watching Brenna suffer. I know God loves you very much and has a special plan for your lives. He will use this for good. Someone once told me that God never wastes a hurt. God is good and He will use your lives to bless someone else through this tough time. Hang in there and know that many are praying for you and Brenna daily.
Love, Kim Stratton