Friday, March 28, 2008

Jesus is Risen!

Happy Easter! It was a wonderful day to celebrate the Lord's Resurrection!

The Wednesday before Easter, me and the kids decided to go to my parents. After all, it was spring break and all we'd done is sit at home because of sickness. So, we had a couple of nice days of weather forecasted, and we hit the road. It was nice to be on the farm. Brenna and Bella road the ponies quite a bit, and Jalen got to ride the four wheeler and hang out with the cousins. We only spent one night, but it was a lot of fun. We also colored eggs and hunted them.

We got back Thursday night and I woke up with fever on Friday morning. I felt terrible!! I think I had a sinus infection on top of whatever Jalen had. Thankfully, I was able to take enough meds to keep my fever down so I could go to church Sunday. That afternoon, I just crashed on the couch. I hadn't really had the time to be sick before that. We had a lot to do to prepare for Sunday. It wasn't a great time to be sick. But, is there ever a good time for that??

Brenna has been doing okay. Her seizures haven't been as numerous, so I thought we were on the right track. She caught the virus we all had and woke up Monday morning with fever. So, she didn't get to go to school until Wednesday. But, I got a call from her teacher at 11:00, and she'd had five seizures. I don't understand it. She loves school and is such a social butterfly. But, for some reason, being there brings on seizures. Maybe it's over-stimulization. I guess we might try to do a home bound teacher program for the rest of the year. St. Jude wants us to come back in April and do a special test at LeBonheur. It's called a Magna-Encephalagram or something like that and it's a real high tech EEG/MRI type machine. Apparently, it's brand new and there are only two in the States. The other is in Texas. This test would map out her brain and show exactly what area to take out if they decide surgery is our only option. I'm really just tired of the whole thing. The medicine she's on is making her so emotional that she can be unbearable. I know that it's not her fault, but I lose my patience sometimes. She's not sleeping well either. It usually takes one to two hours for her to fall asleep at night. That's tough because she needs her sleep.

We finished up Spring break by working on Jalen's Science Fair project. He got frustrated a couple of times, but worked hard on it. He was really proud of himself when he came home yesterday with a third place ribbon! I was pretty proud too.

Yesterday, it was 80 degrees here. Today it's in the 50's. But, everything is greenin' up. I'm so excited for Spring to be here. I love the feel of the warm sunshine. Yesterday the girls helped me plant a few flowers. Bella found some worms and fed them to the chickens. She said that her chicken said thank you. I don't doubt it. :)

-Bettina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have had what we have had. It's nice when everyone starts feeling so much better! I hope that they can figure out Brenna's stuff...I know she would hate not being able to go to school for long since she loves people so much!