Monday, April 7, 2008

Homebound

Last Monday, I enrolled Brenna in a homebound teacher program. She just can't go to school right now. It was a difficult decision, because she loves school so much, but I think it was the right one. After we did it, we went down and talked to her teacher, Mrs. Churchwell, whom she loves dearly. That night, she asked if Mrs. Churchwell could be her homebound teacher. I didn't know because it's a volunteer thing. But, the next day, Mrs. C. called and said she was going to be Brenna's homebound teacher. Brenna was very excited. So was I. She comes on Mondays and Thursdays. I think it's going to be a good thing for the rest of the school year.

We go to St. Jude on the 21st. They are going to do growth hormone deficiency testing since she's not growing like they think she should. I'm really not concerned about that right now. The most important thing is getting these seizures under control. I'm hoping to hear from the neurology clinic this week to see if they've got her scheduled for that magnaencephalogram test also. I really want to get that done so we can know what we're going to do. I talked with them last week and they asked me if they could share Brenna's case at an Epilepsy conference because her type of seizures are so rare. I said that would be great, especially if it helps find a solution and a cure.

Jalen's birthday is tomorrow. He is going to be ten!! Double digits - I feel so old. He's having a sleepover this weekend with three of his buddies. It will be fun. They might camp out in our tent if the weather cooperates. Of course, Jalen's a big chicken, so I don't know if they will make it all night out in a tent by themselves. We'll see. :)

-Bettina

No comments: